I am all in for easy dinner recipes, where I don’t need to spend more than 30 minutes preparing the food. Why you may ask? Well, between work, studies, picking up the kids from school and kindergarten, doing homeworks with them, taking them to tae kwon do practice, there is not so much time left for cooking dinner. Ordering take away or fast food is not an option in my family, for 2 reasons:
- health – We all know fast food is not a healthy option, and I try to avoid it as much as I can. I do take the kids for McDonald or Burger King 2 or maybe 3 times per year.
- expensive – yep, I live in Norway, and here everything is expensive.
So, I will not waste more your time, and I’ll just jump directly to the recipe (I know how precious your time is).
Potatoes and Chicken Easy Dinner RecipeCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
5 chicken tights
5 medium sized potatoes
3 small sized carrots
3 tablespoons of olive oil
salt and pepper
dill/parsley/thyme – optional
- Prepare the chicken. Wash them, and add salt and pepper. If you don’t have picky eaters, then add some herbs as well.
- Wash the potatoes, the beetroot and the carrots. Basically here you can add any vegetables you have in the fridge. Don’t be shy, get that ugly carrot that sits in the back of your fridge. Wait, what? Is just me that has that?
- Peel the beetroot and the carrots – if the peel is too dry or ugly, like mines. I like to keep the potatoes peel on, and they taste really good.
- Cut the vegetables in medium sized pieces. I cut the medium sized potatoes in 4 pieces. Add salt and pepper. Potatoes go very well with thyme, so go ahead and add that too.
- Add the vegetables in a baking tray. Use baking paper, to save time with washing the tray afterwards. Add the chicken tights on top of the potatoes.
- Add the three tablespoons of olive oil on top of the chicken and the potatoes.
- Bake the chicken and potatoes in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius (392F) for 45 minutes, or until the chicken looks like the one in the photo.
- I like to add a tomatoes and feta cheese salad on the side. To make the salad, just mix tomatoes, spring onions, olive oil, feta cheese, salt and pepper.
Have you tried this recipe? Or do you have other recipes that you can prepare in less than 30 minutes, and that you would like to share? Either way, I would love to hear from you.