Make your soups from scratch all effortlessly with the help of a hand blender. There is no need to buy instant soup from the store. Moreover, you can prepare the most delicious mixtures within a few minutes. Here is a quick formula; boil your favorite veggies, puree them with your hand blender, add some cream, season, serve and enjoy! It is that easy to consume homemade, healthy soup.
I call this recipe the ‘’little trees’’ soup. And, I don’t think that I am the only one. Broccoli is arranged like the branches of a tree. That is why many people think of trees when they see some broccoli florets. Regardless of how it looks, broccoli is a superfood. Its original name is ‘’Broccolo’’ (Italian). Coming from the cabbage family, it is loaded with zinc, iron, potassium, phosphorous,
vitamins A, K, and C.
Here is how broccoli can help your body:
- may reduce the risk for certain cancer types such as breast, kidney, bladder, prostate, and gastric
- may reduce inflammation in your body
- may reduce the risk of diabetes
- may improve heart health
- may improve digestion
- may boost immunity
- may improve bone health
What will you need?
Some broccoli for sure! Aside from that, all you need is a hand blender and a saucepan. If you have not bought one yet (or broke the old one), here is a high-quality stick blender from Mueller. It receives 5-star ratings from thousands of people, and for a good reason.
The highlights include ergonomic, nonslip grip, fully copper motor, detachable shaft, and the slim stick design. The company suggests that the Mueller Ultras-Stick blender’s motor would last three times more than the competitor’s motors. Keep in mind that a hand blender is a versatile gadget. You can beat eggs, prepare soups, sauces, batters, dressings, drinks, and smoothies.
Healthy Broccoli Soup from Scratch
For starters, get yourself some organic broccoli to get the most out of this soup. Broccoli soup is super popular in the US. However, this recipe is a healthier version. We omit the cheddar cheese and cream to reduce the fat level. Instead, I will show you a quick trick to prepare fake cream with some milk, whole wheat flour, and olive oil. Note that you can make the cream while the broccoli florets are getting boiled.
Healthy Broccoli SoupCourse: SoupsCuisine: USDifficulty: Easy
16 Oz. (454 g) broccoli florets (frozen or fresh)
1 white onion, diced into cubes
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup of milk
- Add four tablespoons of olive oil into a skillet.
- Add four tablespoons of olive oil.
- Continue to stir and cook over medium heat.
- Add one cup of milk.
- Cook for a few minutes and set aside.
- Add two tablespoons of olive into a large saucepan.
- Add the diced onions and sauté until softened.
- Add the broccoli florets.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Close the lid and continue to simmer until the broccoli florets get softened.
- Once softened, use the stick blender and give a few pulses around the pan until all get pureed.
- Pour in the cream that we prepared earlier.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
- You can add powdered vegetables to your broccoli and other vegetable soups. I add two tablespoons of organic artichoke powder, two tablespoons of organic celery powder, and one tablespoon of organic spinach powder to enhance the nutrition.
- You can garnish this broccoli soup with thinly sliced green onions.
What happens if you eat broccoli every day?
Broccoli is safe for most people unless you have some kind of allergy. It is one of the most nutritious vegetables that you can consume on a regular basis. Broccoli is loaded with fibers, minerals, and various vitamins. The most common side effect that you would experience from eating too much broccoli would be extra gas in your digestive system.