This is another easy to go dinner recipe, that I use whenever I am running out of time, but still want to eat something homemade and healthy-ish. The kids love the chicken (some of them, at least), and are OK with the rice and the vegetables. Me, their mother, is super happy since all I have to do is to put everything together in a big pan and into the oven for 45 minutes.
Chicken Rice Easy Dinner RecipeCourse: DinnerCuisine: InternationalDifficulty: Easy
5 chicken tights (the inferior and superior parts, 10 pieces in total)
2 medium sized carrots
1 medium sized onion
2 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
salt and pepper
2 cups of rice
2 spoons of butter
- In an oven tray, spread the butter as good as you can.
- Rinse the rice in 3 different waters, and add it to the tray.
- Cut onion in small pieces and add it to the rice tray.
- Use a grinder to grind the garlic. Add it to the rice and onion.
- Peel a carrot and cut it in small pieces, or rounds like I did. Add it to the tray.
- Cut a red bell pepper into small pieces and add it to the rice mixture.
- Add water enough to cover the rice and vegetables, and be 1 finger on top of that. When I say 1 finger, I mean the width of the finger, not the lenght.
- Wash the chicken and put it on top of the rice and vegetables mixture. The water will not cover the chicken.
- Add salt, pepper and the herbs – if your little ones allow you to. Mines don’t, but I like to always have some fresh dill on the side to add it to my own plate.
- Cover the tray will aluminum foil and put it in the oven for 25 minutes, at 200 degrees Celsius (392F).
- Take the aluminum foil away, and leave it to cook for another 20 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown.
- If you are adding fresh herbs to your rice, add them at the end, after you take the chicken rice out of the oven. The dry herbs can be added from the beginning of the recipe.
I hope you will give this recipe a try. Is not the fanciest recipe, but surely it saves you time, as you don’t have to watch it every 5minutes. I like to have pickles on the side, but a side vegetable salad will do very nicely.