Serving roasted lamb to your guests can be a splendid way to impress them. Enjoy the compliments and receive some extra attention without doing much really. It can also serve as the start of a romantic dinner with a bottle of red wine. However, the real emphasis should be on the countertop roaster oven, not on you, and maybe a little on the lamb itself.
Let’s be fair; the roaster oven does all the work. All you have to do is to pick some decent lamb meat from the store and season lightly. Some foods are easy to prepare, but they turn out festive. However, if that is not enough for you, then you can play up the game with a selective dish. Check out the dazzling lamb sauce recipe below. It is mainly made up of fresh pomegranate juice and known to be an automatic head spinner. Tested and certified by me!
Select the Best Countertop Roaster Oven for Lamb | Toaster Oven for Lamb Chops
Before we start, you need to decide if you will cook lamb chops or a lamb leg. Both are delicious, but they require different kinds of ovens. Lamb chops are a passion in certain parts of the world, especially in the Mediterranean. Many special occasions are topped with either roasted or grilled chops. And the best part is that they cook super-fast. There are many alternatives to cooking savory chops. Still, the countertop toaster oven crushes through the competition with its speed and the best tasting results.
On the other hand, a roaster oven is a perfect choice when it comes to cooking a delightful leg of lamb. Since this particular meat has to be slow-cooked with even heat, the roaster oven has the best resources. Roaster ovens are highly talented for cooking many different kinds of food, but no cooker can beat them when it comes to roasting big size meats.
Oster makes some of the most popular roaster ovens in the market. This one comes with the self-basting lid, which is crucial when roasting lamb. It keeps the moisture inside by recirculating the vapor that comes off from the meat; no worries that the lamb would get too dry. Besides, you get to cook a super tender and juicy lamb at the same time. Size-wise, it can hold up 22 Qt. So you can also roast some big turkey in it during the holidays.
Season the lamb with your favorite spices, and put it in the Oster Roaster’s pan. Lamb is best cooked at high heat. Therefore, turn the knob on the oven to 450°F. You can assume a 15-minute cooking time per pound of lamb.
Cooking times for lamb meat
|3 Lbs.||45 minutes|
|4 Lbs.||1 hour|
|5 Lbs.||1 hour and 15 minutes|
|6 Lbs.||1 hour and 30 minutes|
Cleaning the roaster oven is super easy. I personally use pan liners to make it even easier. However, it is not mandatory. The inner pan is enamel coated for easy cleaning. You can take out the rack and the inner pan, and wash them under running water with mild detergent. Wipe the inside and the exterior with a damp cloth once the roaster oven has cooled down. Make sure that it is unplugged. Check out this article to learn more on how to clean and maintain your roaster oven properly.
Last but not least; you can use the keep warm feature of the Oster Roaster oven to serve your guests roasted lamb as if it just came out of the oven. All you need to do is to turn the knob to the ¨keep warm¨ setting.
What lamb is best for roasting?
Any part of the lamb will do good for roasting, but the leg is the most favorite cut. The next one is the shoulder, but it has less fat than the leg, making it less tasty. Some people prefer the shoulder since its less pricey. Other lamb cuts that are a good fit for roasting are the loin, breast, and lamb’s saddle.
Does lamb get more tender the longer you cook it?
There is a thin line that you should balance between tender and juicy when you are cooking tough cuts like a leg of lamb. The longer cooking time can help make the lamb tender, but you should avoid high temperatures and slow cook. If you are after juicy meat, then roast at high temperatures and cook faster. Don’t forget to rest the lamb for 15 minutes after you remove it from the roaster oven. This will help to redistribute the juices in the meat.
Lamb Leg Roast Recipe
This recipe makes up for a great Sunday dinner. You can even try it on Easter if you like. It is delicious and relatively easy to prepare. Enjoy!
- Lamb leg (bone in or boneless)
- 2 medium size onions grated
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of crushed rosemary
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the Oster Roaster oven for ten minutes at the highest setting
- Rub the olive oil all around the lamb meat
- Rub the pureed onions
- Sprinkle the black pepper and salt
- Put the lamb on the roaster oven’s rack (rack with lifter handles)
- Then put the rack slowly into the roaster oven
- Cook each side of the lamb at this setting for 5 minutes (searing the meat)
- Take the lamb out
- Reduce the heat to 325°F
- Pour crushed rosemary on each side
- Make small splits on the meat with a knife and insert the garlic cloves (Be careful it is hot!)
- Use a meat thermometer if you have one
- Cook until the inner temperature reaches 145°F
The countertop toaster oven is small but incredibly talented at grilling and roasting small-sized red meats such as lamb and pork chops. It is also a marvelous appliance to cook a healthy meal of all kinds. You can bake, roast, grill, Air-Fry, and broil with it. The extra wide cooking glass can hold up 18 quarts, which is a lot of food for dinner.
I cannot stop talking about how the see-through toaster ovens changed my cooking in general. It is perfect for any type of food. I start using it at breakfast to make toasts and continue until dinner to prepare sophisticated dishes such as fish, ribs, chops, whole chicken, and more. You can also bake in it flawlessly.
Benefits of countertop roaster oven:
- Faster cooking times; saves you time without compromising from the taste. In general, a countertop toaster oven cooks %50 faster than a regular oven.
- Even cooking at its best, the built-in fan circulates the heat perfectly all around the food.
- Healthy, natural, and easy; you can control the temp settings with a single knob and monitor the whole process through the glass exterior
- Portable; it can fit into any kitchen Pack it away when not in use, but that is unlikely to happen if you are like me. Mine is working like a 24/7 open buffet.
- Easy cleaning; take out the bowl and wash with mild detergent.
- Accessories; toaster ovens come with various useful accessories such as tongs, tabletop stand, cooking racks, and height extending inserts.
You can clean your countertop toaster oven effortlessly if you add about an inch of water to the glass bowl’s bottom before you start cooking. All the drippings and residues will be collected in the water, saving you notable time later on when cleaning.
What is the best cut of lamb chops?
The best cut of lamb chops is inarguably the rib chops. They are exceptionally tender and work well over high heat. Try them on the grill or roast; they will come out perfect. Loins chops are not as good as the rib section since they contain less fat.
Do lamb chops have to be fully cooked?
The suggested internal temperature by the USDA for lamb meat is 145°F. You can consider chops that are cooked at this level as medium-rare. Some people might prefer lower settings, but 145°F is the optimum temperature for food safety. Anything less can cause bacteria growth.
Greek Style Lamb Chops with Pomegranate Juice and Thyme
This recipe cooks in a bout 20 minutes. It is fast and delightful. Hint: these grille lamb chops go great with a bottle of red wine. You can serve mashed potatoes as side dish.
- 1 lbs. lamb chops
- 2 medium size onions pureed
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Mix the black pepper and salt in a small bowl with olive oil. Blend well.
- Add the garlic and onions and continue to stir.
- Rub or brush the mixture all over the lamb chops.
- Turn the know on the toaster oven to 400°F.
- Cook each side for 10 minutes.
- Take out the lambs and sprinkle the dried thyme before serving.
Fresh Pomegranate Sauce for Lamb
This recipe is a brilliant sauce that I love to pour over grilled meat of any kind, not just lamb. It is spicy, sweet, sour, and dreamy. It is better if you prepare it a day earlier since it takes about two hours to finish. Try to get freshly squeezed or cold-pressed pomegranate juice. Even better, make some at home. If you like pomegranate, then you are going to fall in love with this one. It goes like this;
- 2 cups of pomegranate juice (fresh is better)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vinegar (any kind of vinegar you prefer)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Boil the pomegranate juice, lemon juice, sugar, vinegar over medium heat.
- Let the mixture simmer for 45 minutes.
- Continue to stir occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low after 45 minutes and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add the peppers, salt, and continue to stir.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool down for 20 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a small bowl or jar.
How do you pick lamb chops?
Selecting the best kind of lamb chops is not tricky. You must pay attention to the color. There should be smooth white fat on them, and the color of the meat should be light red. Ask your butcher to give rib chops instead of loin for better taste and tender texture, especially if you are doing a BBQ.
What do lamb chops taste like?
Lamb has a different texture when compared to other meat types. You can say that it is more tender yet with a robust gamy flavor. That is why it is mostly grilled on the BBQ because the smoke enhances the aroma significantly. Grass fed lamb meat has a distinctive smell that might take some getting used to initially.
Is lamb better for you than beef?
It is fair to say that lamb provides more omega-3 fatty acids than beef. Keep in mind that lamb is very rich in protein, which is a crucial element for children’s bones’ growth and development. Moreover, it contains lots of fat and seven different vitamins, including B12. Some people worry about the high-fat level, but beef has more marbling within the meat. The fat layer is mostly on the exterior in lamb, not inside the meat. Plus, it is a good source of iron as other red meats.
- For hard to remove stains and food residues, take out the accessories from the toaster oven’s glass bowl and pour enough hot water to fill it up at least 1/2 full. Add 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda, and let it soak in for 30 to 45 minutes. This will soften the food residues significantly. Pour in 1/2 cup vinegar, and scrub with plastic brush afterward.
- The toaster oven gets really hot during cooking. Do not try to move it while it is in use.
- Do not use a Pyrex dish in a toaster oven as it may break apart.
Lamb can make for a fancy dinner anytime. The good news is that you can prepare it quickly and effortlessly if you have a countertop roaster oven or a toaster. The unique design and the powerful heating element in both of these appliances allow you to cook just about any food to perfection. You can roast a whole chicken, or bake a small batch of cookies for last-minute guests. Versatility is a major feature here. Just let the roaster do the cooking, and you concentrate on the sauces. Keep in mind that any pork chops recipe would also work for the lamb chops. The cooking methods are very similar in most cases.